After a Hacking by Numbers course, participants will never again see IT security in the same light, as can be demonstrated by this selection of comments.
Instructors always are seasoned security experts, who take their experience from the field and not from textbooks. It makes all the difference. Not only does the course provide plenty of hands-on expertise, it is also much fun!
This selection of comments refers to past HBN Bootcamp sessions.
Participants to the September 2011 session
- Very good course, giving a good view on the hacking world.
- Great instructor!
- I liked most the practical exercises - that's what I came for.Really interesting and useful training, I really appreciate everything.
- I liked most the prac-sheet, the instructor's experience and the "capture the flag".
- Great! Of course very difficult to deal with different levels of knowledge of the trainees, but the instructor did well.Very condensed but very efficient and top level instructor.
- It showed me the different techniques of hacking. I liked most the practice labs.
- The instructor was very good. He made links to real stories, real world experiences.
- Good overall view of hacking. I liked most CTFs and things that we will be able to re-use for work.
Participants to the September 2010 session
- What I liked most: the trainer's competences
- I felt that the course material matched the Navixia description quite well. I like most learning about different hacking tools and methods.
- For me it was a really good overview of different hacking methods and different tools I have to use to test (attack) my environment. I liked the part of the course on the code injection and web pages intrusions because I will be more careful for my own code in the future.
- Permet de mettre en pratique les notions présentées. J'ai aimé les exercices pratiques.
- It was really cool to implement the hacks, use the tools and see them working.
- Good but fast explanations for a couple of hands-on. I liked most the practice/exercises.
- The course covered more than I expected - so far, so good,thanks. I liked most : hack techniques in use, materials (software).
- The course gives a good overview of past and current threats.
- It was very interesting and complete but a bit intensive sometimes for my level of security knowledge.
- Great course!
Participants to the September 2008 session
- "Great contents with relevant practice to do. Bradley is a cool guy and a good instructor."
- "Good overview of security subjects with good hands-on labs."
- "Very interesting, instructor makes it interesting with real examples, simple examples, not only theory."
- "Great training!"
- "This course changes the way we think and makes you reflect a lot."
- "Focus on practice, good instructor, cool topics."
- "Le cours est très pratique et couvre l'ensemble de l'approche demanière abordable."
- "Good instructor, made me enjoy the subject."
Participants to the September 2007 session
- "Amazing and excellent!! Great teaching."
- "Excellent and very very interesting."
- "Very interesting ! Makes me want to know more."
- "Cool, crazy, sexy and very rich !!"
- "It was my first time in a training where the goal is to succeed without following the book!! And it's fun."
- "This is seriously the most interesting course I have been to for a long time."
- "A complete overview of the basis of hacking and security. I liked most the experience of the teacher and his knowledge."
- "The instructor is Very very good. Competent, knows what he is talking about and can share his knowledge."
- "I liked most the demonstrations of what hackers do. Learned how to use applications like wikto, burn, etc."
- "I liked most all exercises and the mix between theory and practise."
- "Yes. I liked most the labs, because it's a very good way to learn and to detect if the understanding is correct. "
- "The instructor was Very good and highly knowledgeable."
- "Really good !! It's the first time I stayed awake until 7pm :-)"
- "I liked most the demos and explanations from Charl."
- "Super instructor!"
- "Very interesting course, very technical. The teacher knows what he's talking about."
- "If 10 is the best rate, I'd say 9.5 (just so as not to be too nice ;-)"
Participants to the September 2006 session
- "A really practical and accessible course, which really helps appreciate the reality of what's possible in the hacking arena."
- "Good balance between theory and practical."
- "Great rythm. Great tools and of course great instructor :-)"
- "Once sentence to describe the course: fun-"
- "I liked the fingerprinting most. It's incredible how much information you can retrieve."
- "J'ai aimé l'approche méthodique de l'animateur."
- "Super fantastic!"
- "I liked the theory and hands-on training. What I liked most: Roelof's experience"
- "Very good overview of risks of web applications."
- "Very good instructor, he knows what he teaches!"
- "Jolies démonstrations. Le temps à disposition pour les labos est court pour faire le tout! Excellent instructeur."
- "Opens the mind to what could be done. Attend this breathtaking course, get frightened and go protect your infrastructures..."
Participants to the February 2006 session
- "One word: great!"
- "Probably the best way to get a first "hands-on" hacking experience. What I liked most? the approach, and the fact that the course provides a method, even though the topic is unstructured. What I liked least? 3 days is probably not enough for beginners to get a grip. The performance of the instructor is excellent."
- "The instructor's willing to share his craft and is very successful in communicating his ideas."
- "I most liked the clear explanation of "the reason why" we do the various actions. The instructor was very good. One sentence to describe this course? "Really amazing!"
- "Excellent introduction to hacking with real hands-on experience. The speaker was excellent. Good talker with accurate explanations mixed with lots of humour. Good theory followed with hands-on exercises, good approach!"
- "Excellent. Very good instructor."